Monday, May 27, 2013

Think Greek

Today I was inspired by the patterns on greek vases, like the one here. I started to wonder why it is that all Grecian vases are variations of orange, black, and white. I really couldn't find a good a simple explanation, everything was in over explanitory terms. Basically the vase was a different clay than the slip (watery clay) used to paint on the figures, and when fired in the kiln they turned different colors.


I used:
NYC Springstreet
Clair's Black Striper


I think this turned out quite nicely, I kinda like the unevenness of the pattern. Plus twists on french tips are always fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments! Feel free to drop me a line below, but if you want me to check out your blog I would love it if you would send me a link via email instead so I'm sure not to miss it. Thanks! :)