Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Museings- Prom Preperations

I don't think I've mentioned before, but I'm Junior Class President at my school. The Juniors are in charge of prom, and since my secretary dropped out to join the Russian ballet, my Vice President is god knows where half the time, and we have no form of a prom committee, all planning falls to moi. Which I don't mind, I prefer working by myself, it just means all my time has been sucked up. Hense no posts and my nails becoming raggedy and sad :(. Anyways I thought I would share what I've been up to in my absence.

First there was the venue. Dear lord that was a mess. It was reserved by a teacher who I don't know before I took my presidency. They told us that they were renovating. They talked up and down how many changes they were going to make. Then apparently they didn't get their building permit, and they tell us this THREE months before prom. So I was seemingly stuck with a venue that could only accommodate 175 people, when we would be haveing 300 and upward kids going to prom. Yay. So long story short (which involved some teeth pulling and the help of my advisor) I got the venue to go from this:



To this:


Because that's just how I roll.

After that it's mainly just been getting all the decorations picked out and ordered, which has been super fun. How many people get to say they designed their own prom? Oh and Thursday night I was up till 1am making a promo video for the assembly this Friday. The girl in charge told me she didn't need it till today but Thursday night she messages me that she needed it the next day. It actually turned out decent, check it out below if you like.


So that's pretty much it, hopefully I'll be back to posting tomorrow. It's Polish Days, those are always fun :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments! Feel free to drop me a line below, but if you want me to check out your blog I would love it if you would send me a link via email instead so I'm sure not to miss it. Thanks! :)