Saturday, December 29, 2012

Steampunk It

Have you guys heard of Steampunk? You should Google it, its worth a Google (high five if you get the reference.) Steampunk is basically a genera of style or art, and has a lot of other sub groups like Clockpunk, Biopunk, Dieslepunk, Atompunk, Cyberpunk, Nanopunk, Mythpunk... The list goes on and on. My sophomore year we created ray guns out of water guns in art class in a Steampunk style in art class. While doing this we used a paint called Rub-n-Buff. You basically put the paint on, then buff it out so it gives the object the appearance of being worn and old. I took this technique (sorta) and applied it to my nails.


Instead of applying the paint then rubbing it off, I just dabbed it on in the same kinda style it would be with a q-tip.


I used:
Sally Hansen Black Out
Sally Hansen Silver Sweep
Sally Hansen Gone Grey
Maybelline Bold Gold
For my ring finger I used actual Rub-n-Buff. If anybody can tell me a real polish with that color, I will love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. Cool manicure! One of my favorite TV show characters (Abby Sciuto from NCIS) loves Steampunk, so I had to check this out. :-)
    I think OPI's A Woman's Prague-ative might be very close to what you used on your ring finger. If I see something else that's closer, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments! Feel free to drop me a line below, but if you want me to check out your blog I would love it if you would send me a link via email instead so I'm sure not to miss it. Thanks! :)