Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pure Ice Vinyl Remix Swatches

Let's get one thing straight, I do not like swatch posts. I think they're boring, albeit a bit helpful at times. I originally had no intentions of doing a swatch post (unless specifically asked to do so) on this blog. But this polish is "MAGIC" guys. So heres a swatch post. For scientific reasons.


The polish in question was Pure Ice's Vinyl Magic Polish. Which is pretty much just a tinted crackle polish after further inspection, and doesn't do the super cool effects on the poster that led me to an impulse buy. Its still pretty cool though.


Here is three coats of the "magic" base coat.


I wondered what made it so magical. Turns out it's just white polish, a very nice white polish, but nothing magical. Here it is shown on the right, with NYC French Tip White on the left.


It took me three tries to get this effect, the trick is to have the white COMPLEATLY dry and apply a very very thin coat of the crackle polish.

Final thoughts: It's definetly a novel polish, it only cost me $6. I think if I played around with the application of the crackle I would have more fun with it. I might buy more of the colors just to get the cooler designs, but they come with another bottle of white and I don't really want four bottles of magic white :/ All in all I like it and would recommend it, I just wish the crackles were sold separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments! Feel free to drop me a line below, but if you want me to check out your blog I would love it if you would send me a link via email instead so I'm sure not to miss it. Thanks! :)